AC compressor port on back left? Leaking from snap ring - what is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I do have a recirc button and noticed some replacement compressors have that switch port plugged off. If I understand you guys I can buy a replacement 2 wire switch and swap it in just to fix the leak. Wire it in to low pressure switch or I can just use the replacement switch as a plug and don't wire it in?
Lots of reman compressors come with a simple metal slug that plugs the hole instead of a switch. Saves them a couple bucks, I guess, and you can easily remove the slug if your application requires the switch. Someone may have one sitting around..

Richard

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of reman compressors come with a simple metal slug that plugs the hole instead of a switch. Saves them a couple bucks, I guess, and you can easily remove the slug if your application requires the switch. Someone may have one sitting around.

Yup. AFAIK the hole that's there for the switch is simply blocked-off with a plug / snap ring... or it should be, anyway. Plug, snap ring and an O-ring to form a seal, exactly the same as the switch in your existing compressor.

So you'll pull the snap ring, pull the plug, and install your switch in its place w/ O-ring and snap ring.

454C2500

Reaction score
Well I don't know if the switch works or not because it leaks around the perimeter. I think step one is evacuate the system, replace that o-ring if the switch doesn't break coming out, and then check for leaks. I would much rather run a metal slug and risk the system lol. I will try and figure out wiring once I get a sensor in there and not leaking.