ABS fuse removal causes no shift condition.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky8680

Reaction score
Hey y'all,got a weird question.

So,I pulled my abs fuse due to the low speed activation,and haven't had the time to go down and yank the sensors out and clean everything up,when doing this though,if I cram the throttle,the trans won't shift out of whatever gear its in,and the speedometer stops working,it will pause at around 45-50 mph (lock up speed?). Also,when driving around normal,the torque converter won't lock up (with abs fuse unplugged),if I plug the fuse in,I get lock up,perfect up shifting,no issues.

Vehicle in question is a 97 4 door hoe' 4x4 with a 4l60e,riding on 275's.

Trans does have all new solenoids,pillow switch,a replaced wiring harness,all delco parts,filter,and a bigger trucool filter,and a new speed sensor in the transfer case.

Anybody got any ideas? Brake light switch possibly? Got a new one in the parts pile,just really haven't felt like fighting that snap ring/dogearc clip

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hey y'all,got a weird question.

So,I pulled my abs fuse due to the low speed activation,and haven't had the time to go down and yank the sensors out and clean everything up,when doing this though,if I cram the throttle,the trans won't shift out of whatever gear its in,and the speedometer stops working,it will pause at around 45-50 mph (lock up speed?). Also,when driving around normal,the torque converter won't lock up (with abs fuse unplugged),if I plug the fuse in,I get lock up,perfect up shifting,no issues.

Vehicle in question is a 97 4 door hoe' 4x4 with a 4l60e,riding on 275's.

Trans does have all new solenoids,pillow switch,a replaced wiring harness,all delco parts,filter,and a bigger trucool filter,and a new speed sensor in the transfer case.

Anybody got any ideas? Brake light switch possibly? Got a new one in the parts pile,just really haven't felt like fighting that snap ring/dogearc clip
Are you 100%.. and I mean.. 100% sure you're pulling the correct fuse? It's easy to mis-read the rows and grab the wrong one.

Richard

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Um, that's strange. Double check the fuse as Richard suggested.

Maybe try this:

Put the fuse back and pull the actual electrical plug off the ABS module. It's that little box on the driver's side fender well. See what happens.