A/C Won't Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Gotcha. ;) I've seen my boss charge up cotton pickers and tractors without pulling a vacuum. It does work in a pinch when the equipment is out in the field and there's no electricity around. And then when he charges from the 30 lb cylinders, for some reason he ONLY puts liquid in them. Then wonders why the compressors go out so quickly. While all the systems I've charged are still cooling. :hmm:

He isn't running R22(high pressure) is he?

Reaction score
Nope. Just regular old R134a. I keep telling him that those little old belt driven compressors are designed to compress gas, not liquid, but he doesn't want to listen to me. Plus it's super easy to overcharge that way. Sometimes when I'm running a tractor, I can look out the window and see the low side line at the compressor freeze up and then thaw out. I've even seen the compressor sweating before. lol. Along with fluctuating temperature in the cab. And when you're surrounded by glass on a 100* day here in Texas, you NEED all the A/C you can get.
**My apologies to the OP for thread-jacking. Hope you get your A/C fixed!**