A/C problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
idk if im in the right section to be posting this but anyways i recently just fixed my ac leak it was just the high side valve that had to be replaced so its fixed and i only fixed it because my prom date would fuss about not having a/c. So come the day of prom i pick up my date and go to turn on the AC and nothing the light that illuminates on the Ac button doesnt come on nor does the recirculate button.... the blower speed switch works.... AND what gets me and is quite a pain now is that the switch that directs which way the air is blowing also doesnt work it is stuck on directing it to the floor... What could be my issue? by the way its a 97 if that makes a difference

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possibly a control head issue, or barring that, the blend door actuator. Is the system still charged? Does the compressor kick on when you jumper the low pressure switch?

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes the system is charged but the problem is the AC switch isnt even coming on like it usually illuminates along with the recirculate switch..... whether its charged or not ..... also no fuses are blown the thing that gets me is how both stopped working at the same time so it seems like an electrical problem