A/C Compressor Replacement '94 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try RockAuto for part numbers, I guess just select a 1994 K1500 pickup or K-Blazer/Yukon if you want to forego the rear a/c. The RPO code for non-rear air trucks was C60, so if the part says it is for C60 then that should work. C69 is for rear air.

It’d just have the compressor, the manifold hose to accumulator-compressor-condenser, the hose/line between the evaporator and condenser and the orifice tube (which is at the condenser connection on a 98, at least). I think it’s in a different spot on the rear air versions.

Be careful with that firewall connection between the evaporator and accumulator. It likes to seize and can twist the evaporator line apart on a bad day. Same with the line to the condenser. Either one puts you into a dash removal to replace the evaporator.

Last edited:

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There may have been some changes in the reman world since I was doing A/C work, but in my experience reman compressors had much higher failure rates than new compressors.

name

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my new A/C compressor in, but it does not have a 2 wire sensor on the back (that I believe to be some kind of a pressure switch) like my old one has, It is simply blocked off.

Is this normal, do I have to buy and install this seperatly or Is it only for an R12 system ? this compressor is suppose to be for a 1994 suburban. Just wondering what to do here.

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do I have to buy and install this seperatly or Is it only for an R12 system ?
Yes you need to install the High Pressure Shutoff switch. If you still have the old one, you can use it but, I'd buy a new one IIRC it's off when above 430 PSI and on when below 250 PSI.

name

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
got the new cut of switch at AZ and now I am trying to figure out how much oil ( PAG 100 ? ) and how much R-134A to put into this system now that I am deleting the rear air. I am just going to use a block off kit for the rear lines .

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To give you a baseline trucks use 2lbs refrigerant and 8 oz of oil. I am assuming you are basically making it the same set up as a truck correct?

name

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
To give you a baseline trucks use 2lbs refrigerant and 8 oz of oil. I am assuming you are basically making it the same set up as a truck correct?

Correct. Just going to use the front A/C only.

would I add all 8 oz of pag oil to the new empty R4 threw the suction port, then vacume down the system ? Would the vacume process draw any PAG oil out ?

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
very unlikely that vacuuming it will pull any oil out. I would check and see if your new compressor came with oil in it. I just put one on my 95 yesterday and it came with 7oz oil in it. I was not aware of that but it had a sticker on it telling me that it did. But you can add it through the suction port. I read somewhere that when you put the oil in turn the compressor over sevral times to get the oil moved around inside it. Are you

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's better to put 1/2 the oil in the compressor and 1/2 in the receiver/drier so you don't slug the compressor on startup.