99 K3500 knock sensor wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99BB3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 99 K3500 7.4 about a month ago and I’ve been fixing all the little issues with it. I replaced one knock sensor and thought I found the pigtail. Until I was replacing oil pan and found a second one. No pigtail on it. Can anyone tell me what pin both harnesses come off of on the ECU? Or maybe tell me what loom it should be in? I’m still having an issue with losing power. Just trying to make sure everything is connected and working properly before I spring for a fuel pump. Thanks in advance

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The Vortec 7.4 has two knock sensors, one on each side of the block. If either one is bad or disconnected the circuit may not work correctly. On a '96 I was working on, with one disconnected sensor (due to broken connector) I was having ghost knocks and knock retard as witnessed on scanner live data.

Richard

99BB3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one on the drivers side is broken but I cannot locate the wiring harness that plugs into it. Changing the sensor is easy. But finding where this wire is, is not. So far I haven’t found anything on where it should be in the pcm or elsewhere to run a new wire.

Last edited: