99 Denali rear door latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently bought a 99 yukon without the drivers rear door operating. Finally got a chance to look into it and removed the door panel from the door and tried operating the linkage by hand and I cannot get the dang door to open! Tried locking and unlocking the door and i can see the lock mechanism working. How can I get this dam door to open?!

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The damn thing may be just stuck. I hardly ever open the passenger door on my truck and it is very hard to open. The gasket is getting old and just sticks to the door jamb. First thing to try is pull the latch and attempt kicking the door open from the inside. It just might work.

Pull the panel off the other side and video what the mechanism does when the door is opened. Then haul your video around to the other side and see what is different. If something moves on one side and does not move on the other then you have found your problem. Good luck and let us know what you find.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that was the trick! After removing both door cards and inspecting everything I got it open with a pretty hard nudge with my shoulder lol. Popped rite open! The amount of road debris and crap in there tells me it hasn't been open in years! Thanks guys

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yeah I just replaced my rear lift gate and outside drivers door handles. plus both interior front door handles could be both needing replacement in&out. my pass side stayed all in place and inside handle was broken but only until I undid panel could I tell that. if you have the “tailgate lift glass 50/50 split” change fuse first it’s basically impossible to open that up if not working. I had to wrench off the outside handle off leaving lil ripples by the handle now that would require tapping back which I did to the best with which Tools I had. Then have them painted to be stock looking again. PLEASE KEEP YOUR OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLES SEALS THEY ARE NOT THE SAME ONES WITH SOME OF THE HANDLES YOU MAY ORDER THE HANDLES WILL LOOK OFF IF A 4DOOR THEYLL SIT ON THE DOOR VS BE MORE FLUSH WITH IT!!! Just a courtesy heads up lol

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Also inside mechanicals of 50/50 are hard to come bye so junkyard grab a couple of them just in case and I had caddy dealer body shop put the handles back on especially the rear it only cost $50 extra but save them seals even if they are broken newer ones won’t look as good but if both doors on a 2 door are done then it’d look fine but if not it’s not going to look regular