99 Denali data port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
picked up a 99 gmc denail needing work. Went and bought a key fob for it as there was not one and when I went to jump the number 4 and 8 pin on the data port I found there is no number 8 pin! What now, is this an odd year, am i missing something or has someone messed with the wiring?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The Denali uses a Body Control Module and the programming procedure is different.

Remove the radio ignition fuse from the dash fuse panel, then cycle the key from Off to Run 3 times, leaving it in Run. The locks should cycle. Then hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote. The locks cycle again, confirming that fob. Turn key off, reinstall radio ignition fuse.

Just for fun, you can check out my other post about the BCM here: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/escalade-bcm-keyless-entry-programming-and-beyond.50568/

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The Denali uses a Body Control Module and the programming procedure is different.

Remove the radio ignition fuse from the dash fuse panel, then cycle the key from Off to Run 3 times, leaving it in Run. The locks should cycle. Then hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote. The locks cycle again, confirming that fob. Turn key off, reinstall radio ignition fuse.

Just for fun, you can check out my other post about the BCM here: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/escalade-bcm-keyless-entry-programming-and-beyond.50568/

Is this a Denali-ism or a 98-00ism?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Denali, Escalade, and some upper-featured Tahoes until the GMT800 changeover. The pickups never got them until the 800s.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thanks for the fast response. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work... everything worked up until the holding lock and unlock at the same time. Held it for a minute multiple times and nothing.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
On the back of the remote, what is the FCCID? It should be ABO1502T.. The pairing shouldn't take more than a couple seconds under normal circumstances.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Denali, Escalade, and some upper-featured Tahoes until the GMT800 changeover. The pickups never got them until the 800s.

Did they also get RAP? Just curious what sorts of goodies might be worth pillaging off of one at the junkyard.