99 C3500 supercharged 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would just do the swap myself, it's very simple. I got an ECM and pigtails for $50 and lextech gave me a pinout. It took an afternoon to swap everything over from the black box to the 0411. Then I would find a local tuner with HP tuners and a dyno. Have them do the tuning. You will need better/bigger injectors and a boost reference FPR. I used an ICT billet 5.3l FPR blockoff plate and then got metric to AN-6 adapters to run AN line from the return rail to the adjustable FPR and then back to the return to the tank. Standard bosch 5.0 mustang or LT1 injectors fit on the L29 and are much better injectors, you will need much bigger than stock to support the supercharger.

SNW MNY

Reaction score
I would just do the swap myself, it's very simple. I got an ECM and pigtails for $50 and lextech gave me a pinout. It took an afternoon to swap everything over from the black box to the 0411. Then I would find a local tuner with HP tuners and a dyno. Have them do the tuning. You will need better/bigger injectors and a boost reference FPR. I used an ICT billet 5.3l FPR blockoff plate and then got metric to AN-6 adapters to run AN line from the return rail to the adjustable FPR and then back to the return to the tank. Standard bosch 5.0 mustang or LT1 injectors fit on the L29 and are much better injectors, you will need much bigger than stock to support the supercharger.
Thank you, they should have upgraded injectors when they installed the whipple kit but, there’s a chance they didn’t since I see the stock regulator, they had stock fuel pump with kenne bell boost-a-pump but, it was installed incorrectly and didn’t function properly anymore.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you, they should have upgraded injectors when they installed the whipple kit but, there’s a chance they didn’t since I see the stock regulator, they had stock fuel pump with kenne bell boost-a-pump but, it was installed incorrectly and didn’t function properly anymore.

So you have the Whippletronics? Whipples used the stock unflashed computer, stock injectors, and stock pump with a boost a pump. You should have a bunch of extra wiring and crap under the hood as well as 2 injectors right where the throttle body would be stock. A mail order 1 and done tune will not help you here, because as soon as you 411 swap and undo the Whippletronics you're immediately in an unknown state and that stock 1 bar MAP sensor won't be of any help. If you want to 411 swap, you'll also need bigger injectors and a 2 bar MAP sensor which = custom tune. If you or someone you know can tune, it's easy. If not, then this post was probably a firehose of information.

SNW MNY

Reaction score
So you have the Whippletronics? Whipples used the stock unflashed computer, stock injectors, and stock pump with a boost a pump. You should have a bunch of extra wiring and crap under the hood as well as 2 injectors right where the throttle body would be stock. A mail order 1 and done tune will not help you here, because as soon as you 411 swap and undo the Whippletronics you're immediately in an unknown state and that stock 1 bar MAP sensor won't be of any help. If you want to 411 swap, you'll also need bigger injectors and a 2 bar MAP sensor which = custom tune. If you or someone you know can tune, it's easy. If not, then this post was probably a firehose of information.
There was an option of using your stock computer and getting rid of the two extra injectors and putting a plate on which is exactly what this guy did and when I pull up the number on this black box it says it’s out of a commodore that I believe was a 4.3 or 5.7. If I find a 0411 pcm’s does it have to be out of a 7.4 with a 4L 80 E or can it be out of something else and does it matter can I still program it to run this big block?

SNW MNY

Reaction score
Map is reading low anyway so all that **** is getting replaced anyway. I figured I’d try things myself or go to HP.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There was an option of using your stock computer and getting rid of the two extra injectors and putting a plate on which is exactly what this guy did and when I pull up the number on this black box it says it’s out of a commodore that I believe was a 4.3 or 5.7. If I find a 0411 pcm’s does it have to be out of a 7.4 with a 4L 80 E or can it be out of something else and does it matter can I still program it to run this big block?

The 454 never came with a 411, so you'll just get whatever 411 you can find and start with a 350/4L80.

SNW MNY

Reaction score
The 454 never came with a 411, so you'll just get whatever 411 you can find and start with a 350/4L80.
I keep seeing them listed for sale as 5.7 2500 or 4.3 1500 and so on, I know I wont find one for a 454 but, all the details I see and people having issues with 4 low just made me question applications. No matter what it came out of after it’s wiped they’re all 350 4L80 seemed too easy.

SNW MNY

Reaction score
What is the MAP reading? I have EFILive myself.
I’ll have to look at the scanner idr someone said they may set it low for some reason, I don’t think you can do that with a black box and if you could I don’t understand why, programming pcm’s or any auto computer altering is new to me.