98 Z71 ECSS (Bella)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
They are very bright white with no noticeable blue tint at all. Even tho they are 6000k. I had one issue with them, if the truck sits for more then 30 mins only one of the lights will light. Start the truck and they both light. Looks like I'm gonna have to get a Mean Green wire kit.
Link to the ones I bought.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00802F1OU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
Paid 42.99

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good! My moms 2011 Mitsubishi outlander or whatever the heck it is has factory HIDS and projectors and it is unbelievable how well you can see with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Thanks! Yea my vision at night went from being really paranoid to really mellow. LOL

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
They are very bright white with no noticeable blue tint at all. Even tho they are 6000k. I had one issue with them, if the truck sits for more then 30 mins only one of the lights will light. Start the truck and they both light. Looks like I'm gonna have to get a Mean Green wire kit.
Link to the ones I bought.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00802F1OU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
Paid 42.99

You need a harness to power them. It's pretty universally understood here that HIDs can't be sufficiently powered with stock headlight switches. I have a $9 ebay wiring harness that works great. Except one of my ballasts is very weak now because i used to flash people like crazy and never had a harness. Killed the ballast.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
You need a harness to power them. It's pretty universally understood here that HIDs can't be sufficiently powered with stock headlight switches. I have a $9 ebay wiring harness that works great. Except one of my ballasts is very weak now because i used to flash people like crazy and never had a harness. Killed the ballast.

Hmmmm.... kinda awkward situation since I bought my first set of HID's in '08 and they're the same set that are in my eclipse now.... never used a harness of any sort and I've never had a problem with them. Along with the 46 now 47 sets I've installed to date. I've only installed a relay/harness twice and that was because they were both 9007 bulbs which come with a harness built in.

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
This being my first experience with HID's I think it's going well. No flickering or anything. Just my volt meter is saying 12.3 now instead of the 13.8 it was reading before the install.
Defiantly gonna need a dual battery kit soon.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Very nice looking truck!

I got more from a different show but I don't think they would be appropriate to post here lol. It was a night time show and the models were in lingerie.

You obviously have never seen the daily dose thread haha