98 silverado 1500 performance chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monsterkicks

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a performance chip for my 98 chevy silverado.
...what's the best brand I can get...bully dog, hyper tech, etc ??

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on a programmer get custom tunes. Call up Nelson Performance they will help you out. I love mine

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im very pleased with the tune from Justin at waitforme performance on both my 97 454 and my dads 01 496. I found used pcms on ebay and sent those in to be tuned so we still have the stock ones also, or he has pcms you can buy from him also.

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's BBP's price tables:

http://www.performance.com/services.asp

That's be cheaper then. Did they do a data cable/in person or what?

Did your tune come out pretty good? Noticeable power/mpg gains?

Well for you being out of state you would send your computer in or buy one from them for $75 and they will tune it. Since they were only about 30min away from me they got in the truck and they tuned it while I was driving. I used to get on average 7-9 in town and 12 highway no I get 10-12 in town and 15-17 highway. And yes very noticeable; I'm also tuned for high octane fuel (which I recommend) I was tuned for low octane first and then got retuned and was a lot happier with the high octane fuel