'98 K-3500 with 454 wont start, has spark and fuel pressure.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue66

Reaction score
Well I finally had a chance to get the upper plenum off yesterday. All injectors are getting the signal from the computer to fire, but none of them are. Fuel pressure is close to 60psi at all times. I removed the fuel rail, noticed some grit in there like it may have had a plugged fuel filter at one time. So I'm thinking I'm going to order the direct replacement Bosch yellow top injectors and see what happens. Then as long as it's apart I'm going to do the fuel pressure regulator and cap and rotor. Any tips on what fuel regualtor to use? How does the old one come out? Also, does anyone know were I can get a new injector harness? Mine has some broken tabs where they clip on the the injectors. Thanks for the help...

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I just used an AutoZone regulator. Its held in by a snap ring. I have a couple of harnesses, I can dig one out. I know one had a broken connector, but im pretty sure the other one is fine. If you want a new one I found them on eBay pretty reasonably

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just another mental note, if you plan on storing it after you get it running, try to put a stabilizer in the fuel, as ethanol likes to gum up fuel lines and injectors, or run a non ethanol fuel