98 4l60e question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i dont really know how to ask but some of yall may know on NBS trucks the trans has a tow/haul button and of course OBS trucks dont my question is is there any way i could do that to my truck like with a switch or button to have a tow/haul feature with my trans?

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Nothing really I can think of but I tow in 3rd gear (with 4L60e) with my truck, does pretty damn good for 12 year old truck. I just had the transmission rebuilt this year at 228k, pretty good for as much pulling as its done all over the state.

Edit: as you can see in my sig, I basically pull a parachute and 5000 pounds a couple times a month on trips less than an hour.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well like its kind of hard to explain but like my buddy has an 02silvy rcsb has alot of performance goddies in it and when he took it out to get it hp tuned his tuner set is tow/haul button to where u could press and rev up to certain rpms which helps alot when racing its hard to explain a video would help alot to c where im getting maybe thats what ill do

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds like the sport button on the old honda accords, where when you push the button it changes the shift points at part throttle to a higher shift point. You could always reprogram your ecm to change your shift points.