97 Z71 Choo Choo Train

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Silence

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
97 Z71 Silver

I bought this 97 Z71 to pull my car trailer use as a driver. I have a small used car lot and like to have a truck that can double as a hauler and a driver and this is what I was looking for. It's a Choo Choo Customs conversion so it has some cool custom interior features like the console with a built in cooler and heated and cooled cup holders. I didn't like the exterior styling though. I have had a vision of what I would like to do with one of these trucks for a few years now and is the truck I get to do it to.

Here's how I bought it..

You must be registered for see images attach

I drove it for a couple of months like that and then it went to the body shop. Here it is loaded up on the trailer. You can see the cab corners are rusted out, especially the passenger side. That was the only rust on the truck though.

At the body shop now without the fiberglass crap..

And now on some rollers..

Getting worked on..

Towing it home with the truck it replaced..

Now with wheels and tires but still on stock suspension.

And then I had 3/4T springs swapped in the rear and cranked the t-bars some to bring it closer to level.

Yeah I know how ugly the PIAA's are under the front bumper but I need to replace the multi-funtion switch before I take them off, lol

Last edited:

Rusty Silence

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I have more mods planned and will update as I go. Tomorrow I'll post some pics of the interior. I'm planning on putting Z71 decals back on but not sure if I'm going to go with the factory style yet. I've had several people tell me the truck is too plain without the molding and they think it needs a pinstripe. I like the smooth look but it does look a little plain. What do you guys think, put the molding back on? Add a pinstripe? Other ideas? I think once I get the decals back on it will look good.

I don't know if anyone noticed but I had some work done to my trailer while the truck was at the body shop. Can you tell what the difference is?

Last edited:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think a pinstripe would look good on there personally, I know alot of members like demold debage over anything else though. I wouldn't put a Z71 badge on however, I'd let that off as it really adds a cleaner look to the box. But a nice suptle pin stripe can be a nice touch!
Also I see you put the original wheels off your 97' onto your trailer while your truck was in the shop!