97 vortec 350 z71 traction issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have absolutely no traction in 2wd running 285/75/16. not much in the budget category but I need something to help. I have the g80. If I go more than half throttle I'm spinning and if I floor it at less than 35 I'm spinning. it's all stock minus no air box lid and no cats into a super 40 dual in dual out dumped. I want to do more over time but I don't see a point if I can't get anywhere for spinning

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
How bald are your tires? These trucks spin relatively easily stock.

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Well obviously in the snow traction is going to be an issue especially without weight

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have brand new set of mud claws which hook much better than the Kumho road venture at. Could I just put a couple 80 lb bags of quickcrete in each back corner of the bed or is there a to add traction without adding weight. By the way my tires are 35 psi in front and 25 in back I don't know how to chalk test them but when the get dirty and I drive on pavement it wears off evenly not trying to sound rude just realized I left that bit of info out

Last edited:

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
If it's winter nothing is going to hook good on snow or ice without studs. I've never had mud tires or kumho ats but my Goodyear wrangler at tires are some of the best I've had for winter.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's winter but no snow or ice. I didn't think studs helped much on ice. Here in arkansas we just jump on 4 wheelers

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
By the way I really appreciate the help I've received and hope to be able to repay the favor sometime

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Yea, throw some weight in the back, a couple sand bags, concrete bags, cinder blocks, firewood you have in your yard, an old broken piece of equipment you have laying in your shop, etc. Anything will help these trucks out.

You could have those mud tires sip'ed for around $10/tire. that helps a lot with cold-weather traction.

And I would air up those back to 35psi, better fuel economy and tread wear.