97 oil cooler lines need replacing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to replace the oil cooler lines on my 1997 C1500. Kind of confused on the parts i need to get and how to replace them. Pep boys quoted me each line (2 lines total) at 24.99 each, but o'reilly quoted me like 250 bucks. Pep boys was also charging like another 140 bucks for labor. I was told it was a pretty easy job to replace the lines so wanted to try and tackle them myself. Any advice?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a messy but pretty straightforward process. The lines just unthread from the radiator. The other end you have unclip them from the adapters.

I'd stay away from Dorman brand lines, they're junk. Buy Delco lines or make your own like I did out of AN fittings and braided line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agree that the Dorman's are lightweight compared to oem, got them mail order but they've been on the truck 5 years now without issue. I did replace the retainer clips on the engine end as they were brittle.

Last edited:

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O'Reilly looked up something wrong... I've put on more dorman them I have fingers and half those on one truck. Never again if I can help it, I put a flare on the end of the aluminum line and oil cooler line and a hose clamp longest I've seen that truck not leak, 2 years now. I put ac delco from rock auto on the Burb last time but keep the other ones to splice if needed. Also I agree replace the fittings on the engine they don't always seal after a line change.