'97+ Grey Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As the title states, I'm looking for a clean, crack-free '97+ grey dash that has the spot for a passenger airbag. The one in my Suburban is starting to go downhill. Preferably in the Missouri area so I can drive to get it, but I'll travel or pay shipping if necessary. I know it's a long shot but I'm really looking for one in excellent shape with no damage.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Passenger airbag dash is 97-up; 95-96 have those useless super shallow cupholders.

If you're not afraid of doing some painting you don't have to limit yourself to a factory gray dash. SEM medium gray looked great on the one I did for the interior swap on my 3500HD. The dash was tan, the bezel was maroon...you can see the slight difference in shade to the original parts which were dingy and yellowed: (A/C and defrost vents, fuse panel cover, glovebox knob)

In hindsight I should have prepped and painted those too but as it was I barely had time to work on it. The SEM holds up very well when prepped and painted to the letter of their instructions - wash the parts with TSP (trisodium phosphate or TSP substitute) and a gray scotchbrite pad (very fine), dry completely, and follow their guidelines on adhesion promoter coats and color coats/flash time.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Passenger airbag dash is 97-up; 95-96 have those useless super shallow cupholders.

Thanks Richard, updated the thread title and post accordingly.

I'll paint if I have to, but I'd really prefer to find one that's already the right color.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
J. Perry Garage in Mass has dashes and ships them but I think he wants 500 for a clean one shipped.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
J. Perry Garage in Mass has dashes and ships them but I think he wants 500 for a clean one shipped.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've seen him on Facebook, thanks for the tip! I'll look into that.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just FYI, I have been working on the 2 small cracks I have in my gray dash. After some sanding, the gray color is just painted over a black plastic base. It is not a gray molded plastic through and through, like the door handle bezels are. And yes this is the OE dash that came in the truck in 1997.

LoCascio_Inc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently performed a tan 98 to 95 dash swap and can also confirm that the dash, bezel, and other large interior pieces are molded from black plastic and painted from the factory. Smaller bits like handles and vents are molded from colored plastic.