97 GMC K1500. OLD RED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyP2448

Reaction score
I bought this truck back in 2010 with a cracked head for about 1500 dollars. I wound up putting a used motor in with 85000 miles on. It now probably sits on 120000 miles on the motor. 300,000 on the body, Its pretty noticeable. The bed was not smashed like that when I bought it. When I had it parked waiting on the motor for it a very large tree fell on it......It was VERY DISAPPOINTING. The only real upgrade I have done to it since I purchased it was put a subwoofer setup underneath the Back seat.... 2 Pioneer Champion Series 12s (1400 Watt Max, 4 Ohm) and a Pioneer GM-D9601 Amp (2400 Watt Max, 1 Ohm Stable) with a Box From Half Price Audio on Ebay. The systems sounds amazing! The tunes come from a Pionner DEH-X7500HD. I had to make a few stops to mount on the corner of the box to pick the sub lips up off the ground because they were so big, It sounds amazing!!! I highly recommend these subs and amp set up. I spent $500 on the whole set up. I have big plans for the truck but it just requires money that I do not have at this moment and time. I hate the lift. Its a body lift.... I bought it with it on there! I am looking to put a suspension lift on there with new wheels and tires. I know how to paint myself and have a shop to do it in but with a 6 month old and two 3 year olds around the house its hard to get any work done. Then there is the wife (for you guys who are married you know how that is.) I am probably gonna go Maroon and white. I know its odd but I have faith it will look good. i am working on photoshop renderings of it now. I want a cowl hood and a probably paintable diesel bumper!!! I NEED A GMC GRILLE BAD! Don't get me wrong I like the bowtie but GMC looks a lot better. Like I said, I've got big plans including painting interior pieces as well as new seats and the center console changed.
You must be registered for see images attach

ScottyP2448

Reaction score
Thanks man. I really want to get the paint done soon but I am trying to get the grille and some fender flares before I paint it.

ScottyP2448

Reaction score
For Trade or Sale. Make me offers. I have the factory Headlights and Parking Lights from my z71. I also have 3 of the four Orange markers for the side. I cant tell if they are all the same or not. I also have a Radio out of a 2007 Impala. It came from LKQ my brother was going to use it in his monte carlo but it wouldnt fit. If anyone is interested in trading me anything let me know. I cant post it in the forsale thread yet. Looking for anything to do with the OBS trucks. Wouldn't mind having a cold air intake if possible...