97 chevy stumbling on take off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys my truck turns on good and idles good but right when I give it gas it starts stumbling and sputtering and has turned off on me. Changed allot of sensors and still nothing. Once truck warms up it would run better even on take off. But now going around 45 and giving it gas its sputtering. Didn't do that before would only do that on take offs. If i turn key to on position to build up pressure on fuel rail and press fuel valve it only drips a little bit of gas. Checked fuel pressure and when i turn key forward fuel jumps to 52 psi and then falls to 0 psi is about 8 seconds. Running idle the psi is at 45 psi. Weak fuel pump? Any ideas?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like the fuel pressure regulator is gone open your throttle body look in with a light and see if its wet inside also behind the tb is a twist out port that feeds vacuum to the brake booster turn that clockwise and pull up to remove that and shine the light in there to see if its wet worst case is the spider inj is gone and since you have to remove upper plenum to get to frp you should do the updated spider inj while its apart