97 Chevy K1500 5.7 No start No crank.Starter clicks(every now and then)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DixieMafia251

Reaction score
Everything always worked fine!Never had any issues with truck until recently.I turned the key just to realize Gauges aren’t working! But my Headlights,High beams,Tailights,Turn signals,work just fine.I cleaned all of the grounds under hood and Installed brand new side post battery bolts.When I turn the key still (Nothing)! So I took steering column off and if I wiggle wires near ignition,The gauges start working and (every now and then) I will hear Fuel pump kick on.Wiggle wires again and I start getting clicking Sounds (Click click click)sounds like clicks from the (starter) (I think)! I’ll take key out and wait a minute,and try again (Nothing)! Wiggle wires again and (click click click).It will click as much as I hold key to crank! (When it wants to) I don’t know what to do and I need help Y’all! I know my description probably doesn’t help,But it’s all I got! Please help!

DixieMafia251

Reaction score
Everything always worked fine!Never had any issues with truck until recently.I turned the key just to realize Gauges aren’t working! But my Headlights,High beams,Tailights,Turn signals,work just fine.I cleaned all of the grounds under hood and Installed brand new side post battery bolts.When I turn the key still (Nothing)! So I took steering column off and if I wiggle wires near ignition,The gauges start working and (every now and then) I will hear Fuel pump kick on.Wiggle wires again and I start getting clicking Sounds (Click click click)sounds like clicks from the (starter) (I think)! I’ll take key out and wait a minute,and try again (Nothing)! Wiggle wires again and (click click click).It will click as much as I hold key to crank! (When it wants to) I don’t know what to do and I need help Y’all! I know my description probably doesn’t help,But it’s all I got! Please help!
#Update:So I was out here fiddlin with her and I wiggled this black box underneath ignition..I think it’s the Ignition control module harness..She almost crunk up!! Seemed like she didn’t have enough spark to fire tho..I bet if I was to spray ether in her,She woulda fired!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 5

DixieMafia251

Reaction score
UPDATE UPDATE: I done killed the Electrical Gremlin! I repeat…Electrical Gremlins are toast! She is back runnin again! After fiddlin with those wires in pic and spraying (WD-40) in ignition she finally ripped like a tater chip! Need a new (Ignition switch) Gonna purchase a new one tomorrow! Which brand would y’all recommend?! I think I seen a AC Delco,What y’all think?!