89 k1500 5.0 no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mathies

Reaction score
I followed chart A-1 and the test light stays on. Also when i ground the crkt via the ecm myself the ses comes on. Are there any other ecm ground than the one on the thermostat housing?

Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I followed chart A-1 and the test light stays on. Also when i ground the crkt via the ecm myself the ses comes on. Are there any other ecm ground than the one on the thermostat housing?
Section 3-105 shows A-12 as a system ground
D-1 as a system ground
D-1 should be the ground at the Tstat. It is a Tan wire with a white tracer
A-1 is terminal A in the ALDL. it is a black wire with a white tracer.

Mathies

Reaction score
Section 3-105 shows A-12 as a system ground
D-1 as a system ground
D-1 should be the ground at the Tstat. It is a Tan wire with a white tracer
A-1 is terminal A in the ALDL. it is a black wire with a white tracer.
HYE what do you mean by ALDL? A-1 is a green and white wire on my truck leading to the fuel pump relay.

Mathies

Reaction score
i checked the wire D1 and A12 grounds on the thermostat and the bolt on the right of it i cleaned it up thoroughly and even changed the ring. i saw that D1 and A12 come together with an other black/white wire and then separate again i followed the other black and white and i have contiunaty with the seat belt buzz thing. it surely cannot be that if i want to start the truck i need to buckle up :p

edit: that didnt work :(

Mathies

Reaction score
Thanks i checked and i have continuity between A and ground. i also measured 0.57V between B and ground and continuity between B and A9 on ecm.

i really want to be sure the cause of the no start situation is the ecm because its like 300 euros here in belgium and thats a lot of money if the ecm is fine.

Attachments

• Afbeelding1.png
    Afbeelding1.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 3

Mathies

Reaction score
the chart says ses light on yes or no its a no and then refers to chart A-1 or how can i check if the prom/mem-cal is faulty?