96k3500 454 Whipple Supercharger build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys, Supercharger install begins on Monday. I just needed the time to get it done and I finally have it. I am looking forward to another 100 HP. :D

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pressure tested good for the Supercharger install. Got the upper intake manifold off to replace the stock 19# injectors for flow matched 42# injectors from Wester's Garage. Tomorrow the new injectors go in, the upper IM goes back on and the charger bolts up.

You must be registered for see images

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are great wires, I have some too, I ohm them out before installing them and even the longest one had less than 1 ohm resistance. I checked it three times just to make sure lol.

Keep up the good work, wish the 350 had an intake setup like that.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds sweet but none of your pictures ever last more than a day...

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, the wires are like the only set made to fit the Vortec 7.4 with 90 degree boots for headers.

I ordered their full ignition kit (Performance Distributors). My only problem was that I was getting misfires with their cap.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update. Pulled all of the Ford 19# injectors. I am going to hold onto these in case I ever go back to stock.

Compared to the 42# injector. Huge difference in the size of the spray nozzle. It's like a needle vs. a straw.

Swapped the 195 degree stat for a 180 degree Hypertech stat

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cleaned up the lower intake manifold.

AND, ALMOST there! I am probably only 1 more hour of work from cranking this thing over. I am going to have to find some way to route cold air into the Volant intake. I was glad my Volant CAI works. I didn't want to use the open element K&N filter that came with the kit. It shouldn't be too hard to route some cold air in.

I also have to figure out where to put the intake air temp sensor. It doesn't have a home right now.