96 Vortec fuel pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The alternator is undersized it’s the stock 105 amp. If I get the opertunity I do plan on putting the bigger one on it.

I agree it shouldn’t have been that complicated. What had happened was I was in auto body school and I noticed that my truck was turning over slower and slower. So I took it to school and used the shops tester to test it and it tested bad. I then took it to Napa and had them look at it and all they said was “it needs charged”. So the next day I put it in the shop with the charger on it all day at school and went back to Napa after school and they said the same thing.

So I took the battery out cleaned it up and took it to the schools mechanic shop and they checked it out, charged it and tested it and said it failed the test.

So I went to autozone and oreilys too just for fun and they both said it tested out bad. So I took it back to Napa and told them wverything I had done And guess what they said!!

“it needs charged”!

so finally I wrote a letter to Napa explaining all of it all over again and I got a letter back from the regional manager saying there would be a new battery at the store waiting for me and asked if they could have my battery back for training purposes.

so it shouldn’t have been that complicated but for some reason it was.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The symptoms sound like your alternator's only putting out 40 amps or so. Have you put it on an "VAT-40"? Any decent shop should have one.