96 lt1 engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
alot of info on an automatic tranny but still not able to find what flywheel and clutch to use for my nv3500... anyone know?

Unless I'm crazy the LT1 block shares archetecture with the SBC, so you should be fine using your stock fly and clutch?

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah the trans will bolt up with no issues im curious that if the LT1 is internally or externally balanced then my flywheel might now work.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
yeah the trans will bolt up with no issues im curious that if the LT1 is internally or externally balanced then my flywheel might now work.

Valid point.. LT1 is externally balanced, SBC is internal.

While not directly applicable, here is some related info:

The differences are that a gen1 sbc crank has a different bolt pattern for the flywheel than the 86-up which has the 1 pc rear seal crank. Also if you took a 2pc rear seal flywheel and sit it next to one fot the LT1/t56 the LT1 flywheel is thicker plus 2pc rear seal cranks are usually "internally balanced" whereas the 1pc cranks all come "externally balanced at the flywheel. So that's why you need a specific flywheel for your application. And $400 is about the going rate for most billet steel flywheels, hope this helps you.

Here is the only post I found directly related:

I'm pretty sure you'll need to buy the conversion LT1 flywheel to mate it to the NV3500 because the LT1 clutch setup works in reverse to a regular setup, and I think the pressure plate bolt pattern is also different. I don't remeber that part right now....

Here is some more info:
http://www.v8s10.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=24438

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i ended up finding another motor. same thing LT1 out of a 96 Camaro only i got this one for 600 and he gave me the dual electric fan for free. i pulled the valve covers and the oil pan to inspect it and cant believe how clean it is!
You must be registered for see images attach

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
600 coulda gotten you into a really nice 5.3l.

phstratton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, I had an lt1 for 2 years and you couldn't pay me to go back to one lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2