96 lt1 engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
use a fuel pump from an lt1 motor. if i were to do an lt1 swap though id immediately do a 24x swap with it, i HATE those dreaded opticraps.
i remember there was a guy on FSC who did the swap and he has one of my favorite trucks.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
sweet thanks. curious about the fuel pump, would i be able to just get a fuel pump form a vortec motor or what would i use? anyone know of a build thread of the swap??

Delco EP381

use a fuel pump from an lt1 motor. if i were to do an lt1 swap though id immediately do a 24x swap with it, i HATE those dreaded opticraps.
i remember there was a guy on FSC who did the swap and he has one of my favorite trucks.

Vented 95-96 versions weren't that bad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24x-Convers...tomotive_Services&hash=item27d00cc095&vxp=mtr

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that 24x swap looks and sounds pretty cool. might have to look into that down the road. for the fuel pump is there going to be a return line as well or will i be able to get away with my old lines?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
that 24x swap looks and sounds pretty cool. might have to look into that down the road. for the fuel pump is there going to be a return line as well or will i be able to get away with my old lines?

Yes there is a fuel return. Your TBI system has them too, so no changes there.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
next question, as far as the tranny. i have a 5spd nv3500 with a np241 t-case what is it going to take to mate the two? is there a speed sensor that will be needed for the lt1 computer(its coming from a 6spd car)? also what flywheel do i have to use? BTW thanks for all the help BHBurban

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
if you're keeping your transmission, you'd keep the same speed sensor setup. I'm sure adapters are made if its not a bolt-up.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alot of info on an automatic tranny but still not able to find what flywheel and clutch to use for my nv3500... anyone know?