96 K1500 5.7 4l60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96_k1500

Reaction score
Ill try to make this short, i was driving on the highway and the truck was running perfectly fine then from out of nowhere when the truck would downshift into 4th to 3rd gear the transmission would slip a little bit but not to a severe point. i was only about 3-5 miles from home so i drove very carefully and parked it immediately. a couple days go by and i got some time to look at it and it has a HUGE amount of transmission fluid underneath it.

KEY POINTS

the truck has the motor replaced 10,000 miles ago but the tourue converter was never removes

the transmission was rebuild 5 years ago with just a little over 30,000 miles on it

i haven gotten the chance to clean the surface off and look for the direct leak and also am scared to pu t it into gear to move for the thought of damaging more

like noted above it was running fine one minute then not so much the next.

ANY HELP / ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think my first step would be to find out where the leak is. It could be something simple as a line blew??

I’m not a expert my any means especially on transmissions, but there are only so many places the fluid could be coming out of