96' GMC K1500 SLE - A Prince Edward Island Special

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
So I used the ol' toothpaste trick and some elbow grease to clean up my headlights a bit. It's quite obvious the driver side was replaced already, because it is way clearer than the passengers, even after cleaning. I need a new pigtail for the passenger side corner, as mine appears to have snapped. Besides that, I purchased some Sylvania Silverstar 60W bulbs for my highs. I didn't want to spend too much and was mostly looking for the whiter light, which the bulbs provide. I'll see how they look and get some pictures after this storm goes away.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
So a little update today - serviced the rear end today and checked out the carrier bearings. I had a slight whirring noise on acceleration and held RPM, and finally figured out it wasn't coming from my transmission. Bought some 80W-90 gear oil and cracked the cover open. My god was it ever ******* mucky - oil was green as can be and filled with water and bubbles. Couldn't get the fill plug out so I ended up welding a nut onto it and taking it off that way. Found a 1/2" tapered plug for a similar application and got it in there. RTV blacked the cover and refilled the oil. No more whirring and no leaks as far as I can tell.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Well, it's a new month so new work orders at work. Got one set up for my truck and ordered all new top end gaskets (tb, intake, manifold, valve cover, distributor shaft). New plug wires, new cap/rotor and button. Also ordered a new passenger side cowl piece and fan shroud. Going to be doing intake gaskets and tb mod sometime soon - for now I just leveled the front of the truck some. Sits 36 1/4" in the front and 36 1/2" in the rear. Giving it a few short trips to settle, then throwing it on the alignment machine.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
And I lied about the pics again. Went on a date with a girl last night - left my truck in a local HS' parking lot. Came back to find someone took a bat to my driver's side headlight. Took the grill, corner lights, turn signal and fender with them. Looks like my body work is coming sooner rather than later..

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
And I lied about the pics again. Went on a date with a girl last night - left my truck in a local HS' parking lot. Came back to find someone took a bat to my driver's side headlight. Took the grill, corner lights, turn signal and fender with them. Looks like my body work is coming sooner rather than later..
People suck. I'd slap a *****

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I'd lose it, such a shame people are too lazy to work for their own stuff, instead they just steal from the people who do, your truck is really nice keep it up man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk