96-98 Vortec Alternator Upgrade AD244

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That was an option on the 96 and up vortec's to have that alternator, our burb has the same one it's a cs 144, I think stock they are 130 amp's, but they can be rebuilt to put lot's of power.

i was referring to the removal of the resonator box on the intake.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok I got you, I actually used a plastic canning jar lid, it fit perfect, and has been in there for 3 year's on our burb with no problem's.

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
Steve, I went through all five pages on this and was looking to see how you came out fitting up one to a TBI. Did you get around to trying one ?

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
The newer alts all have internal voltage regulators to keep the voltage around 14 volts. I have acquired a couple of AD244 cores to do some test fitting for the TBI engines.

Steve, I went through all five pages on this and was looking to see how you came out fitting up one to a TBI. Did you get around to trying one ?

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i want to know too!!! i want this in my 95 and need to figure out the wiring

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i picked up the ad244 today but it's the 130 A one the guy said it is a 145 but i couldn't see the numbers clearly . Igot it home cleaned it off 130A on it

so i called him he said the numbers on it says it's a 145 A $72.00 is what it cost me . i got the plug at the j yard got the fan cooling down the motor

now so i can swap it out i will let yha know how it went. I do have the one wire connector i will see if it works.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got it in with no problems. just had to drill the left side hole bigger on the bracket for the bolt to go through and used the 1 wire plug and it's charging!!!

the numbers thats stamped on it is 15754097 so is this the same number for the 145 A ? and maby this is the larger case AD 244. I will do pics

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what is the difference between this and the 140 amp they have at napa that is made for our trucks?