96-98 Vortec Alternator Upgrade AD244

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i beleive that the stock alt charges at 13.8 volts hot - 14.2 volts cold. and the battery wont over charge the vehicles ecm wont let it!!

well i guess my step dad had a bad ecm on his 02 yukon cuz the battery overcharged!!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One thing to add here, the ad244 also is a direct swap in to the 96 and up 6.5TD engine as well, I swapped from my old cs130d to the ad244 today, no mods required, but I did upgrade the power cable while I was there.

Razor1981

Reaction score
I could not find any 145A. but I did swap in a 130A out of a NBS when the alt crapped out. Was a little tight and different threads so diff nut for the jucice connection, but plug n play. Works awesome n now I can add my lights when I get to it. Thanks for the info! :pepper:

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was told I have a 200 amp on my Tahoe. Can anyone confirm what it is?
You must be registered for see images attach

And yes, the Vortec resonator box removal does make the intake louder. WAY louder.

What did you use to fill the hole? Any performance gains?

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i guess my step dad had a bad ecm on his 02 yukon cuz the battery overcharged!!

More than likely a bad voltage regulator in the alternator, or the battery was going bad for other reasons and allowed the alternator to overcharge it.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What did you use to fill the hole? Any performance gains?

That was an option on the 96 and up vortec's to have that alternator, our burb has the same one it's a cs 144, I think stock they are 130 amp's, but they can be rebuilt to put lot's of power.