96 4l60e in 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would rebuild but i dont have much free time and it wold take a while and i looked at an online thing and theres a lot of parts and showd some special tools needed thats what scared me away from that

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
most of the special tools are.... "optional" lol. theres ways for the backyard mechanic to get it done. But I hear you, I think it'd be over my head too.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The two main special tools you'll need are the spring compressors. The others for the O rings I just took mine to a tranny shop and they installed them for me for nothing.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how much was the rebuild kit? the thing about rebuilding it is if i mess somthing up and get it all back togther and it doest work right it will piss me off and ill not mess with it for a while again lol one of the techs at my work was like that with a lincoln ls trans. i jsut want it done right and warrenty so if something goes south they will fix it. the thing that ate mine was mud :/ sunk it 3 to many times and it finnaly caught up with her on the hottest day of the summer. my gf is getting me autometer trans temp and gauge pod for our one year so im excited to put that one when it comes lol

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried a 95 for my 93 then I found it was a no go I sold it for $250.00 but paid $50.00 for it. I had mine rebuilt in May for $800.00 get yours rebuilt instead.