95 TBI Rough idle first 45 seconds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Verified Map working so that ruled out last of the input sensors to the PCM for fuel/timing. Have distributor pulled and ready for change. If it’s bad, it will be the third duralast in 1.5 yrs.

My momma might have raised a fool, but it was my brother. Going to get something different this time. Not Duralast or Cardone. Just need one to get me through summer until I get another motor in it. Mines tired. Hopefully this gets solved this weekend. I’ll post what I find.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
What kind of ICM did you go with? Parts store ICMs are ******* garbage.

I 2nd that and also would like to add every single part for the ignition system is complete garbage at the auto parts store. had multiple coils and distributors dudds right out of the box.

Rock auto had parts that were at least electronically tested before being boxed...

id like to also add that O'reilys sells the worst alternators known to man kind.

I used this link to help trouble shoot my ignition system, it helped me out alot when I was having issues.
http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm/4.3L-5.0L-5.7L/distributor-mounted-icm-tests-1

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna third Big D. IMO all parts store electronics are GARBAGE. I buy fluids, bulbs, and gaskets from them. Napa if I need to roll the dice on something I need today, but would otherwise prefer factory. I've given up on reman anything from anyone. Even my AC Delco PS pump lasted all of 6 months.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Big D. I came across some similar info from the same folks about a week ago but didn’t see the specific starting sequence for timing and injection until I opened your link. Hopefully will have new distributor installed tomorrow. Had to settle for exchange of Duralast at autozone as I have to have truck this weekend. None of our local parts stores carry anything but refurbished for the TBI motor. Just need to make a few more months until I can upgrade motor.
I appreciate all the help guys. This is a great forum.

Reaction score
Well once again the forum prevails.
Replaced distributor and everything works. Idle is nice and smooth. Truck runs great since I’ve replaced every sensor and controller as well as new plugs,wires and Egr.

Thanks to all for the help!