95 Tahoe 2 door cat back exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smartinz26

Reaction score
As the winter winds down the cat back exhaust on my 95 2dr needs to be replaced. It currently has a walker or napa exhaust on it. The muffler is missing the outer shell and it visibly leaks in front of the muffler but its still as quiet as can be, probably from the cat.

Question is does anyone sell a bolt on catback exhaust for the 2 door? It has the 350 and is a 4x4. I tried searching the forum but came up empty handed.

I found online Gibson sells one but dont know if it will actually fit, does anyone have any experience with it?

Will any other model fit?

I will have to replace the manifolds soon and was thinking about headers, but I want to fix the broken stuff right now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Steph

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
What headers were you thinking about going with when the time comes? The reason I ask is because if you want to go with longtubes I'd do it all at once because you're whole exhaust will have to be re-routed with longtubes. No sense in buying a system and having to trash it a few months later

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
better off going custom then buying a cat back... ive found it cheaper to go custom

smartinz26

Reaction score
Gibson sells the shorties too i think. I want to keep the exhaust quiet but with a little more power. It is my daily driver and for the most part been trouble free. I really didnt want to go through an exhaust shop, I used to work at a repair shop and saw many hacked together systems. And we only ever bought the pieces to put it together nothing custom unless it wasnt available. I'd rather put it on in my own garage and hoped for something that might last a little longer.

The manifolds are slowly rusting away and I can hear a small leak right under my feet probably from the y pipe flange. So I guess i just wanted to do the catback then maybe next year or in the fall do headers and a ypipe.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
do it all now, so you only have to do it once, youll be hacking up your exhaust once you do headers and y pipe. i dont think anyone makes a kit for two door shoes, like everyone said make your own custom one. i know mine is custom headers-y pipe-single-chambered muffler-duals out back. all pipe is 3-3.5 i believe.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will have to go custom or go with shorties and an aftermarket free flowing y pipe, that is the choke on these setups. You are loosing MPG with a cracked manifold.
Save to do it all or do the headers/y pipe now and run the exhaust as is.

smartinz26

Reaction score
Ok thanks everyone... i'll be doing the headers and the rest custom... just have to find the right shop.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
That'll work just fine...form someone who has basically the same setup for a Vortec I wouldn't recommend it though. Since the parts aren't the best quality they don't fit together very well and leak. Also I didn't get as much out of it as I expected. IMO longtubes and a cutsom exhaust behind that will be much better and not much more expensive. You may be completely happy with that setup though, just wanted to give my opinion