95 Silverado Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Still have A LOT more cutting to do on it, but this is the scoop just sitting on it.
You must be registered for see images attach

My 73 C10 in the background, its got 3 of the factory wheels (4th has a blown tire on it) and the spare off of the 95 on it. The wheels on the 95 came off of the 73.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Still up in the air on how I should paint it. Right now I'm thinking spectra red (the color they used on Christine in the movie Christine) with pearl rally stripe on the hood, and Chevrolet in pearl across the tailgate instead of the tailgate strip. Basically it'll be like a ghost effect, where it won't stand out. Anyone got any other ideas???

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
This is what the scoop used to be. An aftermarket 94-98 Mustang Cobra R style 4 inch cowl hood (the blue one), its only about a 3.5" cowl now that its been cut down to fit. Will get more pics of it tomorrow, did a lot more work to it, but still a lot left to do.

Also I'm fighting a no spark issue, the truck will run fine, then start spitting and wont take any revs. After I shut it off it wont start back until it sits a while. Its getting fuel like it should, but its not getting good spark. Any Ideas??????

EDIT: And yes I've had the hood that long, was planning on cutting it up putting it on a Bronco I used to have, but eventually traded it for the 73 Short Wide I have now. And yes I'm 17 and have too many projects including the 69 Mustang in the background that's full of bondo

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I like the hood scoop project. And the ghost effects would be cool too, but being a red truck, I think spraying it all one color would be best.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Thanks and I'm still up in the air about it. I guess until I see the truck all red after the clear goes on I'll decide to go with the pearl or not.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas why this is doing this???? Apparently when I turn the blinker on, the gauge lights and climate control lights flash with it, and when you turn the lights on the right blinker light it stuck on and not blinking. I know that its blinking fast because the tail lights are not installed right now, but all the other bulbs are. Also I have a '99/'00 Escalade Cluster installed in the truck.
Video of what its doing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te-g-SZJzRA

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Old picture from after I got the tires mounted, probably some time in May.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
More progress on the hood. Got it where the wipers don't hit and the hood opens all the way