95 K1500 5.7 350 Alternator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigT44

Reaction score
Tried buying a larger alternator for my truck, was unable to install the 140A alternator due to a different bolt pattern that didn't line up with my bracket.

Since I don't have the necessary tools to make my own bracket, does anyone know of a place online where I could purchase one? Or for that matter, know of a kit that I could buy that I could assemble myself into my existing alternator housing and up its amperage?

Again links would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BigT

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey BigT...Are you referring to the alternator upgrade that is eligible for the 96-99 vortec 350 classic trucks?

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kragen Carrys several adapters that you can bolt on. Dont know if you have that store in your area????

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the benefits to running a bigger alternator? Is it just for running more lights or something?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
What are the benefits to running a bigger alternator? Is it just for running more lights or something?

Campers w/dual batteries, & for us guys wit de beeg stereo, mon. I said, GUYS WIT DE BEEG STEREO, MON!!! (Sorry for yelling. Didn't hear myself the first time!)

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
take your alternator to a local rebuilder and have them upgrade it, usualy cheaper and if you have a good local it will be a better unit than a store bought unit wich they usualy just fix what was wrond and don;t do a total rebuild

BigT44

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response, been busy driving back from an out of town business meeting...

Any who, whenever I put a load on my electrical system (whether it be my head lights on and my a/c blasting, or head lights on and my stereo playing, or even my lights on with the a/c on low and my blinker) my volt meter jumps from mid to low. I know this isn't healthy for my battery and I want to fix this problem.

With that being said, that's why I would like to upgrade my alternator to something bigger than the 105A I have in my 95 K1500 5.7/350.

Hey Botman, would your 300A alt fit my stock configuration or would I need to get a new brace?

Thanks,
BigT