95 Ext Cab rear speaker alternatives?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason_Staggs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy guys, I'm basically trying to keep from removing that big ass plastic piece from the back and I'm trying to keep from cutting it. I've thought about those plain wooden boxes with a 6x9 cutout, but that would look Goofy just sitting there in the back seat. Has anyone done anything different for the rear speakers? Cutting the grilles? Using those boxes? Just disconnecting them and using front speakers? Is it really that bad removing that plastic piece, or am I too paranoid about breaking it? The only cracks on my interior are 2 tiny cracks on the dash and that makes me want to keep the interior factory. Thanks for reading my incoherent mess.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those instruction are very helpful. But yes be very careful. I only removed one side and then decided just to cut out the other side because how many tabs broke on me. But you also have to remove your backseat to get it all out. Wire them to an amp while your back there.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you break the tabs, I made new tabs with epoxy and plastic cut off a scrap interior piece.

You must be registered for see images attach