95 4L80E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Just wondering if its true that the 4L80Es in 95 are unique to that year and if so what it is that makes them different as the one in my 95 C2500 is completely shot

heavyjunk

Oh cool I can change this
Reaction score
Bump

Ive been trying to figure out all the year differences myself with no luck. I do know that in 93 they changed the electrical connector, in '94 they change the force motor to a different frequency, and I thought '96 was the unique year, but I'm not real positive.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
I know a bunch of other stuff in the truck is one year only just trying to figure out the fastest way to get this thing operational without taking out a loan

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
unique as in they are different to the earlier ones? 94 and before they used ON/OFF for TCC lockup. Later they used PWM to "feather" TCC engagement. you will have problems if you try and use an earlier 4l80 with a later computer (unless you flash the pcm or change the tcc clutch)

Is this dejavu? I could have sworn I responded to someone's 4L80 question before on here.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure on the 60s but the 80s have a couple unique years, my 97 in one of them. when ordering parts it gets kinda tricky as its the internals that were updated/changed a couple times and are not interchangeable. I seem to remember hearing of a early 90s 60 that was one year only due to electronics.