95 w/t 4.3l manual transmission -does 95 year only apply

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L337

Reaction score
i know these 95 years are one off in interior(mainly dash), engine bay component layout, and one year only automatic transmission.
Does this apply to 95 that came with manual transmission? I know the interior will be the same other than a shifter.

i avoid 95 trucks with automatics and wondering if the trucks with 4.3l 5 speed have the same uniqueness as the 95 trucks with automatics.

I hope i posted in the right location.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know these 95 years are one off in interior(mainly dash), engine bay component layout, and one year only automatic transmission.
Does this apply to 95 that came with manual transmission? I know the interior will be the same other than a shifter.

i avoid 95 trucks with automatics and wondering if the trucks with 4.3l 5 speed have the same uniqueness as the 95 trucks with automatics.

I hope i posted in the right location.
95 is unique in some ways. No passenger air bag, one year ac controller, harnesses, etc.

L337

Reaction score
for 95 automatics, the wiring harness is different from 93-94 and 96-up.
is the wiring harness different for 95 manual 5 speed from 93-94 and 96-up?

L337

Reaction score
so you guys are say that 4.3l manaul transmission wiring harness from 93-94 and 96-up are different from a 95 4.3l manual tranny?

Manual transmissions(matched with a 4.3l) from 95 are a stand alone breed that can not be a straight forward swap?

L337

Reaction score
If you are asking if you can swap a Different year transmission in, the answer is yes. You can substitute an 88-94 manual trans in without issue, the only thing that is different is the shift lever and boot
thank you. yes, i wasn't sure if the 95 quirkiness applied to manual transmissions like it does with autosmatics.

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank you. yes, i wasn't sure if the 95 quirkiness applied to manual transmissions like it does with autosmatics.
NP. Only thing I’ll add is to try and stick with 93-95 if you can find one, there was an internal redesign in 93 that made it more reliable than earlier versions