95' 350 TBI oil pan gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sorry for creating the thread. I tried asking this question in my build thread but I know only a few people actually look in there, so I wanted to post this out for everyone.

My 350 TBI is leaking oil from what I believe is probably the oil pan gasket...Some guys on here say it's not too bad just snaking it out is the difficult part and a mechanic friend on mine said that the engine may need to be lifted a little bit??? Obviously if it's the easy way I should be able to do this myself, but if it's the hard way I won't :nono:

Obviously guys, I don't want to get 3/4 of the way through this to find out the motor needs to be lifted. I'll be attempting it in my driveway with a socket set and normal garage tools. I do not have access to a lift but only to a heavy duty jack.

I'll be doing the tranny pan gasket tmrw :D Thanks for your time and any and all help!

Griffin

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to do a pan on my 69 impala i took a 2x4 and cut a half moon in it for the harmonic balancer to sit in undid motor mounts and used a floor jack to lift front of motor up with balancer resting in 2x4 also used the fel pro 1 piece pan gasket it comes with 4 thread in pegs to hold gasket to motor and the pan slides onto those so it stays in place while you put the other bolts in then thread out pegs install last 4 bolts lower motor down to about 1.5 hrs to do

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With your lift there should be no need to raise the engine any to remove the oil pan, atleast I didnt have to when I did my cam swap and new gaskets. The lower front diff is all the room it needs.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I see so what you're saying is usually the front diff is in the way of it dropping? But since my diff is like 8" lower now I should be able to remove it?

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no the motor needs to be lifted!!! your cross member is in the way.. the deal your motor mounts are bolted to... you only got 2' to work with.. if you got alot of mile on the motor put a oil pump in while the pan is off...

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry I am no help here if it was a 2wd I could help but I know nothing about a 4wd.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no the motor needs to be lifted!!! your cross member is in the way.. the deal your motor mounts are bolted to... you only got 2' to work with.. if you got alot of mile on the motor put a oil pump in while the pan is off...

There is no crossmember going across at the motor mounts on a 4wd. I didnt even unbolt a motor mount and was able to get the oil pan out on the floor without any problem. With the dropped front diff it gives the cleanace needed to remove the pan.

You must be registered for see images attach

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, you'll be fine on the lifted 4x4. On my 2wd 98 I had to lift the motor. Its not that bad. Two motor mount bolts and jack up the motor a couple inches by the harmonic balancer. Then reverse the process to put it back together. As mentioned, I would put a new oil pump in while you have it apart. You can get a high volume one at the parts store too.