94GMC RCSB CS130 to CS144 swap help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShanMan

Reaction score
OK, so my alternator crapped out. I have the 4.3 V6, alternator mounts on driver side, one wire harness. Instead of replacing the Delco 10480094 cs130 100amp I was wanting to swap to a cs144 from the wrecking yard and buy a 240amp high output kit from www.aspwholesale.com. I cant bring myself to spend over 350 bucks on a new high amp alt when I can just rebuild an older one for half the price. Here lies the problem I have been searching four hours now and cant figure out which alt from what truck to use that will mount up without much of a hassle. Or I can just scap the cs144 and do an ad244 or forget both of those ideas and just rebuild the cs130 with a 220amp high output kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ShanMan

Reaction score
Went to the local alt shop and this is what they recommended. One wire alternator similar to a 21si. It looks more like a larger 17si to me. Custom built for high output over 150amp. Should be fine for the mild system and HID, fog lights. Now to fab up a support bracket and most likely get a longer belt.
You must be registered for see images attach

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Most times people just replace the crappily designed rectifier with a custom rectifier, the biggest issue being mounting space, because the new rectifiers usually have very large heatsinks that extrude out the rear of case, usually adding around an inch to length of alternator. I don't have a v6, so I can't tell you about bracket fabbing or anything.

ShanMan

Reaction score
Man seeing my pictures of that tired old V6. Looks pretty sad and pathetic in that engine compartment. Thats gotta go!

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Went to the local alt shop and this is what they recommended. One wire alternator similar to a 21si. It looks more like a larger 17si to me. Custom built for high output over 150amp. Should be fine for the mild system and HID, fog lights. Now to fab up a support bracket and most likely get a longer belt.

What'd that run you if you don't mind me asking?

ShanMan

Reaction score
It was 200.00. Which to me seemed a bit much for the amps but the dudes at the shop were super cool and helpful. I like to keep it local when I can. I got the bracket on I just need to go pick up a belt. I'm thinking K060970 or K060975. About 1 1/2" longer than the K060956 might get me there. I'll post some pics later today.

ShanMan

Reaction score
Well here it is. Not the most elaborate bracket but it gets the job done. I used an old chrome alternator bar that iv'e had for about 20 years just laying around in the bottom of my tool chest. I knew I would find a use for it. Eventually.