'94 Z71 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyway, yeah... I wanna get some power out of this motor, I plan on having the truck for a while, so, I wanna have as much fun with it as I can while I do. I think one of my friends mentioned that it probably has a 700R4, but I REALLY don't know or even know how to find out what kinda trans it has. I do know it has a 14 bolt rear diff, which I heard is good. I've put an aftermarket sound system in it (Only minor, I bought it with a deck and 2 Alpine 4x6s in the front, they're not too great, but they do the job) and then I built a custom console with the help of a good buddy with a 10" Kicker CVR in it. That's all I really wanted to start, was a sound system. I'll probably put a 2" cowl hood on it eventually, a new grill (mine is cracked in a couple spots), new headlights, and the stereo will get better as time goes on. But for now, the sound system is fine and the grill is cheap, and the hood is really far down on my priority list. I really just wanna get some more power out of it.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no no, county, different thing, counties are how states are divided up

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A good tune up is first, all new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, oil change, fuel filter, check base timing with the est wire unhooked, should be 0*.

Then a throttle body spacer and injector spacer is in order, ultimate tbi mods, longtube headers, exhaust, e fans

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh jesus... I completely read "country"! I'm sorry haha! You never really see the word "county" up here, so my brain sorta just turns it into "country" when I read it.

I was planning on new plugs, but I wasn't gonna do the rest of that, like the wires and stuff, mine look absolutely perfect. The air filter is brand new and it has a fresh oil change, as for the fuel filter, I dunno where I'd find that. I don't know how to check timing either.

I was gonna do a full exhaust system eventually, as my exhaust isn't in the best condition.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
So you want to build your motor yourself, but you don't know to find a fuel filter, or how to check your timing?

I suggest leaving it alone or chances are you'll monumentally f*ck it up.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha, hence the reason I'd like to learn. I'm capable of learning, I'm a smart kid, straight A's through out every course. (Not really saying that makes me smart, but it's dedication.) I want to learn, I'm new to all of this. I'm capable of figuring things out.