94 TBI 350 stalling problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I'm running a solid 11psi fuel pressure tho. Last nite I found when I moved my spark wires out of the way it died. I looked at my dist cap and it was wobbly. Checked deeper and found the dist base plate was moving, causing the ign to short out or something. I guess a whole new distributor is in order for me. Maybe yours has something similar goin on.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many miles are on your fuel pump? My pump went out at 163K and my buddy across the street his shelled out at 164K I would first check the fuel pressure maybe a good tune up would help.

shibbershabber

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dropped a new pump in today and it made a world of difference. A whole new truck.

I got the pump & sending unit assembly on Ebay for $88 shipped. Cant go wrong.

Clutch4190

Reaction score
I ended up finding the problem. For those of you having similar issues check your ignition module. I put a new one in anyway for kicks but it was purely a ground issue on the bottom of the module. The base plate on the distributor was very corroded and not making a good ground. A wire brush and dialetric grease healed the problem but like i said, i changed the module anyway for piece of mind. I just turned 100k on the truck, so hopefully I have time before i start having fuel pump problems, along with many other issues that are bound to happen down the road.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last time I had stalling issues it was the plunger on my Iac came of and it if moved right in the hole the truck would cut off, but I am sure this is a very uncommon cause of stalling lol.