94 Stepside Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The ride will be no smoother with the aftermarket lift springs. Rear shackle flip gets my vote, something I need to do to my truck to ditch the block. Much cheaper too, can still do up your exhaust too. Maybe even have enough left to buy a used a used 14 bolt and slower build it with proper gears and locker.

is there a thread on how to do the shackle flip?

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
The ride will be no smoother with the aftermarket lift springs. Rear shackle flip gets my vote, something I need to do to my truck to ditch the block. Much cheaper too, can still do up your exhaust too. Maybe even have enough left to buy a used a used 14 bolt and slower build it with proper gears and locker.

This gets my vote as well. Shackle flip is the way to go. You can get the kits from DIY4x or Sky or pretty much anyone that sells off road parts.

And it's relatively easy to do. You remove the rear hangers, drill out the rivers holding them in, and the new hanger is put into the same holes as the rivets. It bolts right back in. Then replace the shackle (will be coming from the bottom of the new hanger instead of the top.)

Sent from my 6.0 G8 Chase car in an "undisclosed location in SW Asia."

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
And it's relatively easy to do. You remove the rear hangers, drill out the rivers holding them in, and the new hanger is put into the same holes as the rivets. It bolts right back in. Then replace the shackle (will be coming from the bottom of the new hanger instead of the top.)

Id like to see that, not that im going to lift my truck, just curious to see it.

On a side note, i've never seen this members truck, but its so nice!!!!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
This gets my vote as well. Shackle flip is the way to go. You can get the kits from DIY4x or Sky or pretty much anyone that sells off road parts.

Good to know i thought it was something yopu could do with stock parts

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
No but you can get the shackle flip mounts for like 60-80 bucks. There are MANY places that carry them, and they are something you can do in an afternoon, or evening after work.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So this would be shackle flip... pretty interesting, looks pretty easy to do!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
No but you can get the shackle flip mounts for like 60-80 bucks. There are MANY places that carry them, and they are something you can do in an afternoon, or evening after work.

yah im hopin i can just find a front end lift somewhere for cheap because with the shackle flip ill easily have 6" in the back

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yeah if I was home I would be pulling off my 6" ProComp kit up front and it will be up for sale this summer. But I already have someone with dibs on it so ??? We will see what happens. I will end up posting it up, along with the rear trac bars and front kickers and torsion bars. I am planning an SAS on mine.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yeah if I was home I would be pulling off my 6" ProComp kit up front and it will be up for sale this summer. But I already have someone with dibs on it so ??? We will see what happens. I will end up posting it up, along with the rear trac bars and front kickers and torsion bars. I am planning an SAS on mine.

sounds sweet wish i had the fab skills to do a SAS