94 Sierra 383 Motor Swap Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotrodharley

Reaction score
I can score a 4L60E that can handle 650HP... Maybe half built ones are burnin up for you guys. But this one wont...

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they arn't saying that the trans is going to burn up they are saying that the case can not handle it. the case will most likely break or split.

thats atleast what i think they are saying.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
they arn't saying that the trans is going to burn up they are saying that the case can not handle it. the case will most likely break or split.

thats atleast what i think they are saying.

That's correct, altho a stock 60e will burn up, an upgraded one is atleast built with copy-cat 80e components made for the 60e case. Since the case is lighter, it ofcourse would be sought after for weight reduction, but the weakness of the case is too risky to recommend for use with high HP engines.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
I hate to be this way but, if you don't like the advice and experience of others don't ask for it.

hotrodharley

Reaction score
IT"S ALIVE..>>..!! After a shitload of wiring and a million other little things it fired right up... Here's a breakdown...

- Shafiroff 427 Smallblock Chev with FAST EZ-EFI fuel injection set up
- Super built 4L60E.. (Even though everyone suggested not) I'll chime back if she grenades.. haha
- Built stock 10bolt diff with a Detroit Tru Trac, 3.73:1 gears, yukon axles, Aluminum girdle cover
- Be Cool rad with dual Flex A Lite Syclone 16" fans
- March Performance Style Track pulley setup with a Billet alternator and Billet power steering pump
- Full fuel system with black braided -AN line and all black anodized fittings, Aeromotive fuel filters and fuel reg... Looks tough
- 9 Autometer Phantom II gauges
- B&M Billet Street Bandit Magnum Grip shifter
- Hooker 1 3/4" Super Comp headers
- Custom one off exhaust : 3" off headers into magnaflow X pipe, transition to 3.5" pipe into 3.5"/6" case Magnaflow race mufflers, into 3.5" tailpipes finished off with custom oval tips notched to fit the bed sides. All built from mandrel bends. No crap exhaust shop squish bent pipe
- Belltech lowering kit. 3" 4" drop
- All new brakes with upgrade rotors and braided stainless lines
- Comp Engineering Slide A Link traction bar kit
- Custom built 3.5" Driveshaft

I'm sure I'm missing a few other things. But thats the just of it thus far. Now to tie up loose ends and hit the streets in a couple weeks. Cross the fingers..!!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Sounds good man, same cubes as me, except your's being sbc.....and I went manual trans. Most of the other specs(gear ratios/lockers/etc) look nice, I went the 3.55 detroit route....I was looking at Yukon for axles, tell me how they hold up, if they don't, I'll go Strange. Did you get a braced diff cover?

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a decent build. How about some pics? Any track time yet?

4L60's are like boat anchors around here. All the fbody & new GTO guys are having troubles with them. 4L80 is near bullet proof. I don't see the 10 bolt lasting too long either - even with the good parts in it.

A set of Cal Tracs will help with traction/wheelhop. They offer a set for lowered GMT400's. I have a 7" rear drop and use them. I launch my 505hp/535tq 461ci BBC/manual trans truck at 5000 rpm on MT ET Streets. The rear suspension is a 6" BT flip kit, rear hangers & overload leaf removed (stock 454SS springs). Clutch can't handle more than 2 or 3 passes at these rpms. I'm on my 3rd clutch setup. Realized it is a street truck and said screw it. runs great on the street. Actually pulling trans this weekend to replace clutch disc. May try to get a faster pass this season.

EDIT - I just now saw the traction bar setup.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IT"S ALIVE..>>..!! After a shitload of wiring and a million other little things it fired right up... Here's a breakdown...

- Shafiroff 427 Smallblock Chev with FAST EZ-EFI fuel injection set up
- Super built 4L60E.. (Even though everyone suggested not) I'll chime back if she grenades.. haha
- Built stock 10bolt diff with a Detroit Tru Trac, 3.73:1 gears, yukon axles, Aluminum girdle cover
- Be Cool rad with dual Flex A Lite Syclone 16" fans
- March Performance Style Track pulley setup with a Billet alternator and Billet power steering pump
- Full fuel system with black braided -AN line and all black anodized fittings, Aeromotive fuel filters and fuel reg... Looks tough
- 9 Autometer Phantom II gauges
- B&M Billet Street Bandit Magnum Grip shifter
- Hooker 1 3/4" Super Comp headers
- Custom one off exhaust : 3" off headers into magnaflow X pipe, transition to 3.5" pipe into 3.5"/6" case Magnaflow race mufflers, into 3.5" tailpipes finished off with custom oval tips notched to fit the bed sides. All built from mandrel bends. No crap exhaust shop squish bent pipe
- Belltech lowering kit. 3" 4" drop
- All new brakes with upgrade rotors and braided stainless lines
- Comp Engineering Slide A Link traction bar kit
- Custom built 3.5" Driveshaft

I'm sure I'm missing a few other things. But thats the just of it thus far. Now to tie up loose ends and hit the streets in a couple weeks. Cross the fingers..!!
Sound's like fun to drive!

hotrodharley

Reaction score
I'm working on some pics... I should also specify that I am not the owner of this truck. I'm the one doing the build up for a customer of ours. Check out our website. www.joeysplace.com Were up here in Edmonton, AB Canada. We just had a '69 Camaro that we built place 5th overall out of 20,000 cars at Reno's Hot August Nights.