94 GMC RCLB Junkyard Dog Project - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cruise control basically consists of the cruise control solenoid, harness and switch lever. The cruise solenoid mounts on the firewall, under the hood above the brake booster. There is a clip on the TBI to release the linkage and the wire harness goes through the firewall into the cabin. Inside the cabin, the cruise harness goes to 3 places. First, the harness connects to a small plug near the junction block, left of the brake pedal on the firewall. Second connection is to the brake light switch on the brake pedal. Third, you will need the turn/cruise lever from the donor vehicle, it simply pulls out of the column socket and has a separate wire that goes through the column to the final connection at the cruise harness and should complete the install.

as for the Temp display, on vehicles with that mirror option there is a two-wire temperature sensor on the core support, near the hood latch and horn. I ran normal speaker wire from inside at the mirror harness to the temp sensor on the core support.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Thanks, i got my cruise control and tilt columb, going to be installing tonight.

This site is the best, i love the helpful pros aroudn here :)

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its been a while since i updated, been busy with life.
i have done a few things though. i have since change the broken/missing window, rear sliding glass window with a solid oem tinted glass. no leaks, looks great and solid as a rock. i also met a guy in the junkyard that wanted an overhead console installed in his 94 ext cab. after installing it and another quick fix for him, i took the $40 cash and bought a new seat, check it.

before:
You must be registered for see images

after:

still gotta dye it and the seat belts and install the lower window trim.