94 dome light not working nor the lights beside it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
since ive owned the truck the dome light hasnt worked by the switch or by opening the doors, and the click on ones dont work, bulbs are new and the switch should be fine since the dimmer works on the dash with that switch, anyone have any tips , the wires looked good under the head liner

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Since I've owned the truck the dome light hasn't worked by the switch or by opening the doors.

The switch should be fine since the dimmer works on the dash with that switch.

When you open the door(s) does the door courtesy light come on?
If it doesn't then you may have bad door pins (side of dash).

The wires looked good under the head liner.

If the wires are under the headliner I'm assuming it's an extended cab or SUV?

Any Tips?

1. If the door lights come on- check the fuse on the (drivers side) side of the dash for a blown fuse.

2. Check contact points in the actual dome assembly

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No lights turn on with either door and the dome light won't with the switch and the cargo lights won't click on, fuse is fine it is an ex cab and I've followed 2 orange 1 black and one white all the way back everything seems to be hooked up, if someone coul explain what wires what I could just wire a switch on the dash I assume one orange is dome power and the other is cargo lights power not sure of the white and black, black ground..