94 Blazer Build Part 2...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Between the people here that can offer advise, and yt videos - you can fix pretty much anything on these trucks. It takes time and some of the work is gonna suck.

Slick1

Reaction score
So you have an air compressor and air tools?
No which is a big reason I'm leery of doing it myself.
Between the people here that can offer advise, and yt videos - you can fix pretty much anything on these trucks. It takes time and some of the work is gonna suck.
I've never known working on a truck not to suck to some degree lol. Actually I think if anything just went smooth I would probably be more concerned!

YT videos have been my auto training up to this point. Definitely handy to be able to punch up a video walk through.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No which is a big reason I'm leery of doing it myself.

I've never known working on a truck not to suck to some degree lol. Actually I think if anything just went smooth I would probably be more concerned!

YT videos have been my auto training up to this point. Definitely handy to be able to punch up a video walk through.
Without air tools or the right tools is what makes these a pain or the job seem harder then it is. With the air tools it helps and sometimes spoils you lol. From a 2wd experience I can say I did everything with hand tools and it was a pain in the a$$. Nowdays I got power tools and air tools I can use at work and now I'm like wtf. These chevys arnt too bad and they are a lot easier to fix them most foreign vehicles and allow you to rebuild them un like new domestic vehicles. If you have the drive and time then I say go for it it's not that bad. If you rather pay somebody else then that's where the expensive part comes in. Personally rockauto and Amazon sell good parts that are oem and will be cheaper then your local vendor. My advice get some power tools or bring a six pack to your friend that does and make it a weekend project.

Slick1

Reaction score
Without air tools or the right tools is what makes these a pain or the job seem harder then it is. With the air tools it helps and sometimes spoils you lol. From a 2wd experience I can say I did everything with hand tools and it was a pain in the a$$. Nowdays I got power tools and air tools I can use at work and now I'm like wtf. These chevys arnt too bad and they are a lot easier to fix them most foreign vehicles and allow you to rebuild them un like new domestic vehicles. If you have the drive and time then I say go for it it's not that bad. If you rather pay somebody else then that's where the expensive part comes in. Personally rockauto and Amazon sell good parts that are oem and will be cheaper then your local vendor. My advice get some power tools or bring a six pack to your friend that does and make it a weekend project.
Well if I did it myself I could justify the cost of a compressor and at least a few air ratchets. I could spend what the guy would charge me to fix it on tools instead and come out the other side set up to tackle whatever needed to be done.

Slick1

Reaction score
Got updated on the oil leak. He said where the oil filter screws in there's a gasket or something that's shot so overall that sounds pretty damn minor thankfully.

I'm going to fix the IFS either myself or just let him do it but I'm very much wanting to do an SFA in the future. The frame horn being bent means no leafsprings unless someone can fix the frame. Luckily I don't care for leaf sprung SFAs anyway. As far as I can tell the hoops are the furthest thing forward for a coil spring SFA making the frame horn a non issue...

Slick1

Reaction score
Little update

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Slick1

Reaction score
I'm slammed with work right now so I just let the side hustle mechanic I know do it after all. I dropped him off a Skyjacker steering stabilizer I got at a pretty good price too. Not sure it really needed it but better safe than sorry.

Slick1

Reaction score
Right on! Bet she drives smooth now. Still keeping the Irok tires or going with a different set up.
Damn I never saw this response sorry! I'm stuck with the Iroks for the time being because I'm not going to be happy with 35s and I'm not sure a new 37 would fit. I had bought a set of Cooper STT 37s but when I rolled them up to the truck I had enough doubts about them fitting without rubbing that I got returned the tires.

Right now I've got a whine/whistle at startup and a clicking sound when I'm on the gas pedal. I also get a tad dizzy and a sore throat with the windows up so my first guess is header gaskets. Since you included some anyway I'm going to put them in and hope that's the issue. Even if it's not it's one less thing to do down the line anyway.