94-99 GMC grille in 91 chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i really like the look of the 94-99 gmc grille, and i want to put one on my 91 chevy. its patriot blue, and i think painting it to match and putting a billet insert in it would look pretty nice. it looks like it would match right up with maybe some trimming?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
It will go right in, but it mounts differently on the lower points. You'll need a bumper filler and the little side filler pieces (on the bottom) to do it correctly, and some people insist that the different bumper brackets are required, though some say they aren't. I have a 94-99 Chevy grill on my '92, but I didn't mess with the bumper fillers because I am going to a TAG bumper.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
whats a bumper filler? is it the long painted piece that mounts on the bottom of the grille?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To do it right you need the newer grille, filler panel between the grille and bumper, fender extension's that bolt to the bottom lip of the fender, both inner bumper bracket's because the 94+ bumper is slightly out and down more than 88-93, 94+ parking light's and corner light's, the headlight's are the same.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i figured the park lights were the same? the list is getting pretty long! what happens if i try to use my original filler? im pretty handy and i have a lot of tools, could i make these lower bumper brackets?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The park lights are the same, the corner lights are different. The new style filler is used to hold the grill to the truck, the old style just hangs on the grill pretty much. With an new grill but without a new bumper filler you will have a problem with the grill sticking out at the bottom - I solved mine with some creative zip-tying.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hm. well i may have to get one of those. ill probably get the grille and see what i can do and if i cant make it work i will get a new filler. what does this new filler attach to exactly?

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well thats what my current one does, i was kind curious to how it helps hold the grille to the truck?