94 350 tbi stepside upgrades..... hopefully 300+ hp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_blood

Reaction score
Hello all... I am stationed overseas and when i was home on leave i bought a 94 k1500 4x4... its a 350 auto stepside completely stock... when i get back to the states i would like to get it to at least 300 hp... it will be my only mode of transportation so i need reliability and also i need to be able to finish any mods in a weekend... my tentative plans were headers and flowmasters turned out before the back tires, and edelbrock open element intake.... what else/different should i do? also ill be running at least 285/75's... is there a good supercharger setup for my truck that is mostly bolt on? i dont really have a ton of money to throw at it at once.... any input on the matter???
thanks

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ultimate tbi mods and a good tune in addition to the exhaust. should help alot

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bypass smog,open element,underdrive crank pulley,ac bypass,
headers,full tune up,,hotter plugs,8.5mm wires,hotter coil,
efan,corvetter servo for trans,a good tune,

man theres just so much u can do but just depends

blue_blood

Reaction score
HELLO ALL! I AM ABOUT TO PUT IN AN ORDER WITH SUMMIT. HOW DOES THIS LOOK? ANY SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS?

---------------PART-----------------------------PART #----PRICE EA----QTY.----PRICE TOTAL
SUMMIT HOOKER HEADER---------------------HOK-2462HKR-------225----------1-----------225
SUMMIT EXHAUST MAN. GASKET--------------SCE-211180--------20-----------1-----------20
SUMMIT K&N OPEN ELEMENT A/F------------KNN-63-1007-1-------160----------1-----------160
SUMMIT T/B SPACER----------------------------TRD-2634--------45-----------1-----------45
SUMMIT F/O LINE EXTENSION------------------TRD-2458----------30-----------1-----------30
SUMMIT HEADER BOLTS-----------------------STG-8911A----------50----------1-----------50
SUMMIT HEADER REDUCER 2.5"--------------HOK-11026HKR---------35----------1-----------35
SUMMIT REDUCER GASKET W/ HRDWR---------SUM-610125---------10----------1----------10
SUMMIT INJECTOR SPACER--------------------CLR-25017-----------13----------1----------13
SUMMIT PCV VALVE---------------------------ACF-CV774C--------4------------1-----------4
SUMMIT UNDERDRIVE PULLEY SET--------------ASP-841001-------100----------1----------100
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TOTAL 692

SUMMIT 285/75R16 DICK CEPEK MUD COUNTRY TIRE $960

Last edited:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
300 hp at the wheels isnt going to happen with tbi. I would look into a 5.3

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking 300 or better was a far cry as to what you could get as well, esp with bolt ons. maybe throw a 200 shot of nitrous on it to get 300+ lol that's about it for bolt ons to make it that high.

I would maybe consider a lower temp t-stat with a custom tune, an open air cleaner lid one like summit or k&n sells they call it extremem lid or something has a filter in the lid itself to let in more air.

Are the headers long tubes? if not I would get them, and are you going to use cats or need to? if so try the high flows. honestly for bolt ons and power maybe some vortec heads and a vortec tbi intake, maybe some port and polish work, possible bigger cam with more head work to make it work with vortecs, and HAVE to have a tune for that stuff. if not then maybe some work done to the tbi heads, but I hear the vortecs are the best of the stock heads so might as well go for that. A guy on here had some for sale cheap too. Like $150 plus shipping which was about $80 and a smokin deal on them.

As for tbi though, edelbrock has performer heads for tbi intakes, 87-95 and they have a performer cam to match, and also have an alum. tbi intake to go with it all. There's always bigger injectors, adjustable fuel pressure reg. More voltage coil, less resistance or bigger dia. wires, all that stuff.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
300 hp at the wheels isnt going to happen with tbi. I would look into a 5.3

This, it'll be much cheaper in the long run. 5.3L's usually go for $700 around here and most include harness and PCM, stock a 5.3L is 285hp and 325 ft/lbs not to mention they're a good 80 pounds lighter. Slap on headers, CAI, custom tune and call it done IMO