93 TBI 5.7 Pouring tons of raw fuel when key turned on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Cold" indication from the coolant sensor will make the engine run "rich".

However, the coolant sensor cannot make the injectors spray without a "crankshaft is turning" signal from the pickup coil/ignition module.

If the injectors are spraying without the crankshaft turning, it's NOT THE FOOKIN' COOLANT SENSOR.

Reaction score
You just insist on not doing anything useful--like actual diagnosis--before spending money.

I'm outta here.
Well just so you know, I decided to start with just the coil since it was the source of the loud buzzing sound, and it was also vibrating. Oh and guess what? That fixed it. And you can take your rude self and go - dont need ya for anything since you seem to think your way is the only way. As it turns out, the ignition coil has a lot to do with whether the injectors fire or not. My actual diagnosis consisted of finding the noise and fixing it.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Have we pulled the blink codes at all? Use a jumper on ports A and B, can be a paper clip or a wire. Then go to this address https://mechanicbase.com/trouble-code/obd1-codes/
Don’t just throw parts at it till it gets solved. Be sure to check everything!
I had a code 43, knock sensor and/or electronic spark control.. Coil was bad. Thanks for the help :)

Reaction score
That won't make your injectors spray. Why are you hesitant to try disconnecting the injectors? The injector connectors are the easiest to reach on the engine. Do that before you do anything else, especially before you reach for your wallet.
I disconnected them, no spray. Made the noise easy to find, it was the coil. Thank you :)