93 454ss 1 of 769

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but the point is they are expensive. You could build a clone for waayyyy less.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but i also wont have to worry about my rare car getting t boned by an idiot who ran a red light. I dont like the extra hassles involved in owning a rare model. I think if you find the right deal on one you should get it if you can afford it. It could be a good investment. I wouldnt ever buy one just to have and drive though

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The point is that it's not a driver's car, it's a collector's car. You wouldn't buy a low mileage, all original 93 ZR1 just to putter around in, or even worse as a DD? Very, very few guys at SyTy.net DD their Syclones and Typhoons, even the not so low mileage ones. Have you seen what minty examples of those go for? I would say 17k is right in line with it. These are rare, high performance (for their time) vehicles after all. Maybe the price is a bit high for this economy, but there are still plenty of people with money to burn.

One of my favority cars of all time is the 70 Chevelle SS, especially the LS6 examples. If I could buy, I wouldn't drive it. No way. Way too valuable to be worrying about dinging it in a parking lot or Billy Joe getting lit and rear ending me. I would, however, buy a Malibu and make an SS clone or a really fast sleeper and not worry so much.